Practice. Practice. Practice. And surrender...
All classes are inspired from daily personal practice, self study, and years of imprints from her senior Iyengar Yoga teachers Manouso Manos and Patricia Walden…making Trishka a conduit for these ancient and sacred teachings... to be imparted to all. Hathayoga Pradipika (I. 65 & 66) – Yoga is not obtained by a mere reading of the scriptures (Shastra’s) . . . nor by wearing the dress [of a Yogin], or by talking about it; practice alone is the cause of success.
EXPERIENCE + CERTIFICATIONS
- CIYT, Intermediate Junior II Iyengar Yoga Certification.
- C-IAYT, Certified Yoga Therapist with the International Association of Yoga Therapists.
- 28 years of yoga practice and study of various yogic traditions.
- 17 years in the Iyengar method including a 5 year teacher training program to become a certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher. Additional years of study to acquire Intermediate Junior II level of certification. Currently working on Intermediate Junior III level of certification.
- 4 year Yoga Therapeutics program with Stephanie Quirk covering yoga adaptations for the ankles, knees, hips, lower back, shoulders, neck; spinal pathologies; organic pathologies of the reproductive system, digestive system, respiratory system, cardiovascular system; pathologies of the brain, organs of perception and nervous system.
- Travel to Pune, India more than once to study at RIMYI (Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute) with the Iyengar family: Geeta Iyengar and Prashant Iyengar. While at the Institute Trishka participated in, and assisted in the medical classes.
- BA Spanish Language and Literature.
- BA Sociology.
Teachers and Mentors:
Manouso Manos - 1 of 2 senior most Iyengar Yoga teachers worldwide (main teacher), Patricia Walden - 1 of 2 senior most Iyengar Yoga teachers worldwide (secondary teacher) , Stephanie Quirk - Lives in Pune, India. Studies with the Iyengar family and has helped in the medical classes for the past 19 years (therapeutics/remedial teacher), Gabriella Giubilaro - senior Iyengar Yoga teacher, Ram Dass - meditation teacher and spiritualist, My children
Marketing at Tourist Office of Spain in Los Angeles and NYC